The moment you believe in investing in any mobile application solution, you get loaded with many challenges all at once. Out of many, the critical one is to choose between native and hybrid app development platforms. Also, the innovations and trends in Mobile app development company solutions are often surrounded by various misconceptions. To understand it better with greater depth and to easily cope up with business requirements, it is crucial to have an understanding of both the technologies.
If you are looking for answers related to any native or Hybrid app development services, this article is for you.
A Glimpse At Native App Development
A native application refers to a software app development framework and a specific programming language for the Android or iOS platform. Native iOS applications are developed in objective C or Swift whereas native Android applications are developed in Java. What distinguishes them from hybrid applications is the fact that they are specially crafted for particular devices. Many companies hire dedicated developers today playing native apps solutions to offer the fastest and reliable user experience.
What Works In Favor Of Native App Development?
Native applications are specifically developed for one device and they assure the best user experience. As per the stats, online users are spending more time on mobile applications and less on mobile browsers. This brings native applications into the picture. Let us explore what works in its favor-
- Discoverability: Native applications are easily available across the major application repositories for the app store which makes them high on discoverability. Many business owners hire dedicated developers to develop a reliable application and to gain customer’s trust.
- UI/ UX: Native applications have enhanced visually appealing user experience and user interface. They also enable the users to work with existing applications on their devices.
- Performance-Oriented: Native applications are capable of making the most out of device hardware and guarantees maximum performance. It can also keep up with the necessary updates and synchronize with emerging technologies.
- Offline Features: The users of native applications can access application features even in the offline mode. Native applications allow users to use most of the application functions with convenience.
A Glimpse At Hybrid App Development
Hybrid applications are developed for multiple platforms such as Android, Windows, or iPhone as a single application. Hybrid applications represent a combination of web applications and native applications. It is also an individual product that can work efficiently across multiple operating systems and devices. Typically, hybrid applications are faster and easier to develop than native app solutions and they also require minimum maintenance.
What works In Favor Of Hybrid Applications?
Sometimes the business owners do not have adequate resources or funds to develop an application for every device. For any such instance, a hybrid application is recommended as it comes with Cross-platform app development features. It is a great solution when you are willing to launch your application in the marketplace faster.
- One Codebase To Manage: Hybrid applications have the biggest advantage in which the developer does not have to develop two or more applications, rather they can easily build a single application tweaking it to function well across multiple platforms.
- Time Savvy: Since the Mobile application development company team or developers only requires to work on a single code base, your requirement to hire the number of developers will significantly reduce. In the long run, it will prove to be time and money savvy- for you.
- High Scalability: Hybrid applications are highly scalable and as soon as the application is developed it gets easier for the developers to scale it to other platforms easily
- Retaining Device Features: Just like native applications, developers can retain a similar level of device features and ability by using the hybrid App solution.
Which App Development Framework Should You Choose?
In order to make the right selection with a Mobile app development company or its services, it is crucial to understand the functional difference between the available options. In general, native applications and hybrid applications have their own set of strengths and weaknesses where the final decision depends upon your business requisites.
- Development And Marketing Time- In terms of development and marketing time, a hybrid application is a clear winner as it is quickest to develop. Native app development can be slowed down due to the application store approval processes, for the application owner can launch the application in the big world.
- Application Features- The Mobile application development company emphasizes knowing the key features prior to developing the application and to figure out the suitable format. For instance, if you require the app features that demand immediate access to the application programming interface of the device, then you can go with hybrid applications.
- Performance- Hybrid applications need additional framework based assistance for delivering advanced features in the application. In terms of performance, a native application is the best option as it allows developers to easily explore advanced features.
- Development Tools- Native applications rely on Android studio, X Code, or App code for delivering groundbreaking solutions. Hybrid orCross-platform app development is dependent on the tools like visual studio, ionic, Apache Cordova, etc that help in fast application development. Native applications are less dependent on open source libraries for incorporating the features but hybrid applications need extensive support from the frameworks and libraries.
- User Experience And User Interface- Native applications possess inherent benefits of user interface as it can leverage the interface component and present libraries of the operating system and get easily customizable. Hybrid applications deliver almost similar performance in terms of UI, but it lacks in avenue as their performance is native application dependent.
The Bottom Line
Native applications have an additional edge over hybrid app solutions in its righteous manner. There is no definitive winner between native applications and hybrid applications as the industry has an option to select a priority from the covered elements. Once you have that in mind, you can easily choose the app development platform that can offer the best support to the key pillars of your application.