Technological advancement and the internet have brought and more and more people towards the web for many reasons. The competitive digital market today has made the online presence vital. Any business who wants to succeed in their online business, needs a site with a blend of attractive design plus user-friendly features.
Now comes the inevitable need of every e-commerce platform that generates the highest business revenue today. There are two essential things that you have to prioritize before starting the e-commerce project.
- First, select the e-commerce platform and Magento is the best choice here.
- Second, hire an e-commerce development agency.
Why choose Magento?
Constant changes and developments are the reality of every eCommerce site. There are always some improvements that should be made or new features to add. That’s why most entrepreneurs choose Magento and hire Magento developers.
“Magento platform was even leading among all the e-commerce platforms in 2019 and ruling in 2020 too. It powers 260,000+ stores worldwide due to its extensive array of out-of-the-box features, scalability, responsiveness, plus the potential to enhance performance as per the business needs”.
Below are the key benefits of choosing a Magento for your e-commerce platform:
- Easy To Manage
- Flexible Cross-platform
- Customized Product Optimization
- SEO Friendly
- Supports 3rd Party Payment Integration
- Secure & Mobile-friendly
- Reporting Analysis
Hire Magento developers step-by-step guide
Choosing the right Magento development company is a complicated process and includes several steps. These are even the predetermining factors of the successful site. For this, we have created an in-depth guide below. Let’s look into these main steps and hire the best Magento developer:
(A). Analyze initial e-commerce development requirements:
- Decide project type- Decide the site purpose you are going to develop, whether it sells online services, the marketplace, or an online store. Depending on it, you need to proceed further and look for the developers with relevant experience.
- Market research- Identify market competition and create your own USPs (unique selling proposition), like domain and store name, accordingly to attract potential customers.
- Set business goals- Depending on your business type, you need to identify the wholesale sellers, dropshipping partners, or find the manufacturer for the production of the products. Next thing, you have to decide the price strategy and the revenue distribution amount for the expenses and the overall operations.
- Find shipping partners- Select the shipping companies for the delivery of the products. For this, you need to decide that you cater to the local customers with your store or bring it to the global market.
- Legal registration- Before hiring a Magento developer, take care of all the essential legalities and the documentation.
- Plan Market strategy and execute- Think of the market aspects and the on-going competition. You have to compete with millions of eCommerce stores. Thus, it’s vital to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy and execute it on time for better business results.
(B). Step-by-Step Process to Hire Magento Developer
After identifying the initial requirements of the store, you can proceed to the hiring process. Below we have mentioned the step to step guide to help you in finding the right developer for you.
Let’s take a look at the steps:
- Client Reviews- Checking the experience of a company is the best way to get the general idea of the company. It shows the work quality and how the company handled and delivered the project following the client’s needs plus niche.The negative reviews should be considered as the first indicator that something can amiss if you choose that company. There are a lot of reviews available in outsourcing platforms such as Clutch, GoodFirms, TheManifest, and more.
- Portfolio & Expertise- While hiring a developer, consider the expertise and the company’s portfolio to know whether they fit your project. Better to find the answers to the following questions.
- How many years of experience does the company hold?
- How many projects have they worked?
- How much Magento experience do they have?
- Do they provide designing and development services both?
- How many certified employees do they have?
- Location & CommunicationAs you are going to hire Magento eCommerce developers for an extended period, you should make sure that the communication process runs without ado. In addition to this, inquire about the communication channels, responsible project manager to handle the whole project, plus convenient hours during which you can contact them.Different time zones can complicate communication. Thus, pay special attention to this factor as well, while searching for the developer.
- Price Ratio- The below-market prices should never be accepted in any case, as discussed in the above points. Look for an affordable price quote and finalize it in the beginning with the complete clarities regarding the plan and the features included in it.
- Time – Another vital factor that you have to discuss is the project delivery time. Better to tell the company to update you with every change and deliver the project on the decided deadline.
- Dedicated Team – The next thing you should look for is the dedicated team, who work on your project. As we know, development is a long process and divided among the different members with particular skills. Each of them has a different role that’s combined with another to achieve a single goal.
Generally, a web project needs the following services:
- Web Design – Best UX and UI practices to create an attractive storefront.
- Web Development – Website’s Front-end and back-end development with APIs integration and modules configuration.
- Quality Assurance – QA team to test the site’s functionalities and performance.
- Support- The upgrades are required regularly once the site is launched on the web.
- Regular Security Checks- It’s an integral part of every e-commerce site due to its personal and sensitive customer data processing.
Overall, the development process consists of the following – develop, test, deploy, and launch.
Why hire a Magento development company?
Magento is an e-commerce platform and needs coding skills. That’s the reason being; companies hire Magento development companies, but many are inclined towards freelance developers. In which the possibilities are less to get the desired results. It’s quite challenging for them to manage all the tasks single-handedly.
Companies going to work with the freelance developers should consider the following aspects, that can create problems in the future:
- Not always provide the quality code
- May not follow the right development practices
- May not meet deadlines
- Less trustworthy and sharing sensitive data becomes a risk
Whereas working with the Magento development company with a dedicated team of developers ensures you the positive as well as satisfying results.
Listed below are the benefits:
- Employed experienced, professional, plus certified developers.
- Developers certified with Magento 2 are well-versed in this platform and implement them accordingly.
- Understands the client’s requirement well
- Tech experts with experience in the specialized fields
- Quality code and high performing site
- QA team for testing
- Render timely results
- Provides full-time support
Before the company proceeds to the development process, they first collect the requirement, devise strategies, set deadlines, and assign it to the Magento experts. With them, you don’t need to find a developer with the required skills as they do the hiring process for you.
Avoid few mistakes while hiring Magento developers
While hiring a Magento developer, it’s essential to choose the right one. It ensures the success and future of your e-commerce business. Still, many aren’t able to make the right decision.
Let’s ensure that you work with the right Magento website developer and won’t jeopardize your business.
- Looking for the lowest price- The below-market prices should always be perceived as a RED FLAG due to quality issues. They might charge less, but there is no guarantee that the outcomes meet your satisfaction level and worth the money as well. Better to set a price ratio and invest in the right place.
- Ignoring the necessity of continuous development and support- When the store is up and running, the developer’s job only begins. With the operations and growth, requirements like Magento up-gradation, security checks, performance improvements, and more always lies in the queue.Therefore, while hiring the developer, pay close attention to the service offerings. If there is no development and support service, then it can create severe problems in the future. You need to hire another company to improve the functionalities of your web store.
- Ignoring the credential verification-While choosing the developer, many often skip another crucial step, i.e., credential verification and expertise. Evaluating the developer’s portfolio is essential, then only you can identify whether they can work on your project or not. Make sure to visit their developed e-commerce sites too for the quality check.
- Forgetting the technical expertise- Always pay close attention to technical expertise. It’s always good to work with the companies that have employed at least a few certified Magento developers. The certified developers have undergone real knowledge assessments and pass the Magento companies’ tests. In this way, you can expect better plus quality results with the innovative approach.
Choosing the right developer is a bit of a critical and complicated process. A single decision can determine the future results of your e-commerce store. Below are the quick checklists to hire magento developers for the your-e-commerce project:
- Take the down-market prices as Red Flag and choose the right price quote prevailing in the market.
- Set the requirements from the beginning to avoid the undesired future results.
- Pay close attention to the portfolio and customer review available on sites like Clutch, GoodFirms, and more.
- Communicate with the Project Manager and share your feedback as well.