Mobile phones are the most widely used form of electronic devices today. As the dependence on mobile devices grows day by day, so does the adoption of the technology in all age groups.
Custom mobile applications also function as powerful business tools that add value to a company’s offering, improve its productivity, and increase its customer base. With millions of software offerings today, any organization that wants to maximize its customer reach is now investing in mobile apps.
On average, approximately 7.5 hours per employee per week are saved if you invest in custom mobile app development. And 82% of business owners believe it helped them earn revenue from additional commercials, says a development report.
Custom mobile apps can be fully or partially customized to suit your business needs modifying to target a particular audience rather than provide a solution that suits a large group with different requirements.
This is the main reason why custom mobile application development is gaining ground and becoming an attractive option for companies.
Let us dig into some details.
10 Business Advantages of Custom Mobile App Development
These days, businesses of all types are taking advantage of custom business applications as it helps them stay competitive and increase productivity.
Here are some of the most popular benefits of custom mobile app development for businesses:
1. Custom Mobile App Development Improves Efficiency
Since business applications are custom built as per your business requirements in mind, it acts as a comprehensive application that performs various functions and negates multiple applications’ requirements.
Plus, because these apps are designed to fit your work style, they improve employee productivity and, in turn, business ROI.
2. Offers high scalability
Regular applications are designed to handle a limited amount of resources and processes. When your business grows, these apps may not be able to handle the load.
On the other hand, custom applications are created with all these parameters in mind and can be easily expanded when the need arises.
3. Protect your application data
General business applications may or may not have specialized security features, which can put your business data at risk.
Having a custom application made exclusively for your business can strengthen your data security system, as relevant security measures will be taken according to your business needs during application development.
Since data is crucial, you must only consider the best android development company for your app.
4. Integrates with existing software
General business applications can work seamlessly with your existing software. Custom applications are built with your current business software in mind and are therefore guaranteed to integrate well and work without errors.
5. Easy to maintain
By using common applications for your day-to-day business operations, you take a chance in front of an unknown mobile app developer.
If the developer decides to discontinue the application for any reason, then it remains for him to search for a new application and discontinue his current operations.
By creating your own custom business application, you gain full control and don’t have to depend on others at all.
6. Improve customer relationship
Custom business applications allow you to send personalized updates related to your products and services to your existing customers in real-time.
In addition, it allows you to access customer details and receive feedback, which can be leveraged to improve long-term customer relationships.
8. Facilitates the retrieval of data from new customers
Adding simple forms and surveys in the custom mobile app can help you get the required information from the customer.
In addition to being a discreet way to collect information, it also saves customers and employees time as they do not have to physically present documents.
Any good iOS app development company will first strive to keep your data safe.
9. Provides access to projects in real-time
While traveling, having easy access to all your business documents comes in handy. By having a custom application for your business, you can easily sync your phone with your desktop and have access to all your work documents, tasks, calendars, etc.
Plus, retrieving brochures and contracts that can be shared with your clients becomes easy with custom deals applications.
10. Ease of project management
Custom applications can be installed to monitor the progress and timelines of your project in real-time. Updates can be submitted after completing each project phase and maintaining the billing cycle for each project phase.
11. Register digital files for accountability
For ideas and thoughts related to your client, one can easily capture them on the phone to dictate. These recordings can be stored directly in secure locations and can only be accessed by authorized personnel. This can help improve accountability and also serve your customers better. You can even hire app developers and get this implemented.
Things to Consider When Developing a Custom Mobile Application
Dynamically changing mobile platforms, the market landscape, and the demand for rapid response require custom application solutions to be well thought out before deploying. Some of the points to consider before developing a custom mobile application for your company are:
- Faster time to market– Custom business applications must be profitable and built in a quick turnaround time so they can go to market quickly
- Improved Efficiency– Custom applications need to be adjusted and corrected for greater efficiency and ensure that the final solution is effective and results in a clear improvement.
- Multi-network compatibility– The developed application needs to be tested for multiple carriers and ensure that the application works on different networks in various countries.
- Data security– Most applications are developed for use by more than one user, so they must offer strong authentication and secure access to data.
- Battery Life– The app needs to be tested to determine its effect on battery life as users don’t prefer apps that drain the battery quickly.
- Impressive user interface/user experience– The custom application should have an attractive user interface and provide a great user experience to customers.
- Efficient data synchronization– The application must synchronize data with the server regularly at an appropriate frequency.
- Optimized communication channel– An appropriate communication channel must be defined for the application, such as messaging, WAP, etc.
Custom Mobile App Development Trends
Build your Own App (BYOA) is an extension of the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) concept due to the increasing consumerization of information technology.
While BYOA gives employees the freedom to use better apps for work, it can be perceived as a significant security threat. Employees will use mobile or cloud applications without any control over how their data is stored, accessed, and used.
BYOA offers significant benefits for businesses, such as reducing the cost of purchasing licensed tools and empowering users.
The main challenges for custom mobile applications to overcome are technical support, integration with current network services, compatibility with a wide variety of mobile platforms, user interface design, and project cost estimation.
The field of custom mobile app development has seen tremendous growth, with an increasing number of people leaning towards smartphones. Some of the latest trends in custom mobile app development include:
- Responsive layouts for your mobile apps are the latest trend and are highly appreciated by app users.
- Cloud-based applications are more preferred as less amount of data needs to be stored locally on the phone
- Social media integration is a must for most apps these days.
- Internet of Things (IoT) is the latest trend that comes with the ability to control different devices and home appliances using a mobile application.
- Wearable technology is rapidly catching up with today’s increased awareness of health and fitness issues.
- Beacon technology, one of the fastest-growing technologies, is increasingly being implemented in custom applications.
- Near Field Communication (NFC) is being used more and more these days, especially for making payments with mobile applications.
- Payment gateways have allowed people to make cashless purchases in stores and make online payments on e-commerce websites.
- Big data and application analytics is a rapidly growing field in the data analytics industry, helping to improve the user experience.
Although building your app may seem like a cumbersome and time-consuming process, a top custom mobile app development company can help you gain ground faster than you think.
Since such companies have the experience and technical knowledge that a custom app needs in-house, they can help you build your dream app just the way you want it. With a large development team and domain experts always at your disposal, a good company can create complex applications for you in record time with high scalability, efficiency, and quality that rivals the best in the industry.